If you’re looking to expand your start-up, you’ll need to grow your customer base. But how do you find potential customers or clients? One of the foundational elements of growing a business is having access to a steady stream of sales leads .Biggest frustrations I hear all the time from small business owners is how can I generate more leads and sales from my website.
1. Customer referrals
- Leads generated through customer referrals are often very high-quality. A referral is when one customer has a positive experience, which so delights them that they feel compelled to recommend your business to their friends and colleagues.
2. Cross-promotions and co-marketing.
- By collaborating on a project with another industry influencer, preferably one whose offerings are slightly different than your own, you both can potentially gain some new leads. Any of those methods can help get your brand in front of some new faces.
3. Invest in new technology
- New technology sets the trend in the market. For example, smartphones are trending all over the world. Subsequently, most people access their mail or browse websites through smartphones or tablets; this shows that the you should invest in making your marketing efforts compatible with these devices, allowing you to reach the maximum amount of customers.4.
4. Attend local events
- Signed up for a regional marketing conference and had some business cards printed. Give an event presentation and follow it with customized letters, calls or emails to individuals that you met. You can find events in your local area.
5. Participate In Online Forums
- Forums are a great place to get to meet sales leads and to get to know existing customers more intimately. For instance, if you are a website developer, attending forums to help answer questions relating to the problems people are having with their website is a great way to meet sales leads.
- Be active on forums, share your views with the other members and answer their questions comprehensively to demonstrate your expertise and help to build trust.
6. Have A Functional Website
- Offer free samples or trials of your offering. Have people fill out an enquiry form (more on those below) to obtain these, and ask them to leave a review after they’ve tried it.
- Advertise special offers and discounts. Have customers provide you with their details in exchange for discount codes and exclusive offers delivered to their email inbox.
- Add a registration page to your website. Offer incentives such as regular free reports, news and special offers in exchange for email registration.
- If you provide a service, offer to sit down with potential clients for free to discuss their needs. While this takes time out of your – or your sales team’s – day, it can be beneficial as only strong leads are likely to take time out of theirs to meet with you. Alternatively, you could offer to do this over the phone.
8. Leverage Social Media to Connect and Engage
- Social media provides a number of opportunities for small businesses to create conversations with prospective customers and generate new leads. Make use of social site e.g Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin to attract and engage your audience, then funnel them through your process to become leads.
The list is endless...
Lead generation is not easy but it is a must have process for any business to survive. If you have more ideas around how to generate sales leads that have worked well for you, please do share - email@example.com